• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Then and now shots. Soon to be apisto tank

Apsnake

IMG_0338.JPG
Just wanted to share some before and after shots of my 40 breeder. I took the first shot when I first aquascaped and introduced 3 guppy fry for
IMG_0475.JPG
Now exactly a month later it looks a lot better. It has diy everything for the plants and a total of 8 guppy and a lone Betta that will return to there homes once my pair take there place in there. I have some trifasciata fry that will probably make there way in or a pair of macmasteri that I have! Just thought I'd share and see what people think. The after photo is without any trimming so plants algae etc will look very wild. I use diy co2 running about 2bps with a diy syringe co2 diffuser. For lighting it's diy standard fixings with the right hand side using a 36w CFL and left hand 13w led bulb both 6500k. I have a small amount of diy miracle gro root tabs in here now and have been dosing half dose with a macro fertiliser and flourish excel. I swapped the hardscape bridge for a piece of bog wood that I attached anubias too but it's covered in algae. Ludwigia has breached in multiple areas and is touching the glass lid one strand has stretched nearly the whole length of the surface I will measure the stem before trimming to see how much it has grown but I would say around 9 inches. Very please with the effect although my hygrophilia is suffering for some reason and the water wisteria is a little wiry still but all is well. The plants strip the water of nitrates etc until it is almost unregistered in tests. Highly recommend these diy style tanks if you have a good amount of plants to create the balance fast. Thanks for viewing

Andreas

View attachment 7107 Just wanted to share some before and after shots of my 40 breeder. I took the first shot when I first aquascaped and introduced 3 guppy fry forView attachment 7108 Now exactly a month later it looks a lot better. It has diy everything for the plants and a total of 8 guppy and a lone Betta that will return to there homes once my pair take there place in there. I have some trifasciata fry that will probably make there way in or a pair of macmasteri that I have! Just thought I'd share and see what people think. The after photo is without any trimming so plants algae etc will look very wild. I use diy co2 running about 2bps with a diy syringe co2 diffuser. For lighting it's diy standard fixings with the right hand side using a 36w CFL and left hand 13w led bulb both 6500k. I have a small amount of diy miracle gro root tabs in here now and have been dosing half dose with a macro fertiliser and flourish excel. I swapped the hardscape bridge for a piece of bog wood that I attached anubias too but it's covered in algae. Ludwigia has breached in multiple areas and is touching the glass lid one strand has stretched nearly the whole length of the surface I will measure the stem before trimming to see how much it has grown but I would say around 9 inches. Very please with the effect although my hygrophilia is suffering for some reason and the water wisteria is a little wiry still but all is well. The plants strip the water of nitrates etc until it is almost unregistered in tests. Highly recommend these diy style tanks if you have a good amount of plants to create the balance fast. Thanks for viewing
How did you make your diy co2 system

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….