• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thanking of ordering some Apistos from xporter

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
Hi Guys and Gals, Frist off I'm thanking of ordering some of the more hard to find Apisto in the USA from a inporter I've found via my partner in my hatchery{Mematrix} Now I'm wanting some ideals on if you could order or get the ones you wanted. Witch one would you get?
If you could show link or post pictures of the one you'd like to see in the usa market?
I'm just wanting to get a ruff ideal of the witch spices to order. Not trying to get all of them but a few ideal on what to order. Just something differnt then say
Cockato
Nijss
Panduro
cuzzi
rotpuk
agissi
Whitch are about the only ones in the USA that's affordable to us poor boy hobbiest. Now the markup on these is only going to be enought to cover the shipping cost and airport to airport fees. I'm not looking to get rich off them. Unlike some people are you know who you are. { J/K Don't start throwing things at me } It's more of a way of seeing what you guy and gals would like to see make it to the USA market. Cause for the past few yrs. I've seen some pretty nice stock in China,Austrila,UK, hong kong and a few other places that hasn't been here in the USA.
Hopfully scents I've found a way and have found the right shipper. We in the USA can change that. I'm also willing to split a shipment with someone and you can order what you want?
I can forward a list of some of the 1000 spices avalable to me to you for looking and the price for each spices. The next order needs to be in by July
1st. So a few ideals on what to order would be great.
Anyone wamting in needs to beable to house 20 to 40 fish of the spices your wanting. I can order 2 or 3 of one spices but in order for you to be able to go in your total order has to be 20 to 30 fish of any of the 1000 differnt spices.
So in other words your total order will have to be 20 to 40 fish. Not just the 2 or 3 fish. Any one wanting just two or three fish give me the names of the spices and pic to give me a ideal of what I'm going to order.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Give us some examples of prices. There is a company in SE Asia breeding a LOT of different species that I have seen a tranship list for. If this is the same exporter then the prices are prohibitive. I remember that the cost per fish (before shipping) was $20 - $40 per fish in box lots of 20 - 30 fish.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Ted is right, many are expensive but some would be worth it. On my wish list, I'd like to see some of the unusual Brazilian species.

From the Rio Negro:
A. elizabethae (red & Içana forms)
A. mendezi (long stripes form)
A. paucisquamis
A. sp. Gabelband/Fork-band
A. sp. Putzer/Cleaner
A. sp. Içana
A. sp. Miuá

From the Rio Branco:
A roraimae
A. sp. Balzfleck

From the Rio Uatumã:
A. cf. pulcher "Fire Red"

From the Rio Tefé:
A. sp. Tefé Rotrücken/Red-back
A. bitaeniata Red

From the Rio Madeira:
A. sp. Abacaxis/Wilhelmi
A. pulchra

From the Rio Xingu
A. sp. Blauspiegel
A. sp. Samaúma
A. sp. Vielfleck

From the coast:
A. cf. caetei Rotwangen
A. caetei Turiaçu
A. piauiensis
A. tucurui (original form with no tail pattern)

I could go on, but this is a start!:tongue:

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
Ok Mike, I'll start with the ones you have up. I'm going to talk with the people tomorrow. I need to let every one know frist off.
1. I can't give a %'s of 50/50 on sex.
2. They are wilds and sex has been running around 30/70females.
3.They will be delivered to me via united airlines.
4.I'll have to ship to you. Once I recive them I can then do a 50/50 sex if you so choose then. { with no extra charge}
5. They have been running around $5.00 per fish. Some at $4.00.

I will take orders at no extra cost to any menber placing a 10 fish order. I'll look at the ones you wnt Mike and get back to you on the avalablbilatie of the spices for you. Anyone else have a spices they want to look into. estamets or free. LOL
Just post here are PM me. Serious buyer only please. As I'm not doing this to make money I'm doing this because the USA market for Apisto's is slim to none. I'm wanting to do this to help people out to get a rare or hard to find Apisto. They've always wanted and have been unable to get.
I'll post back on what I find on the spices you have up mike.Does this work for everyone? Remenber there is a ded line on this and I need to have order placed by the frist of july.

retro_gk

5 Year Member
Couple of questions...

a) Are the fish being exported out of S America or elsewhere?

b) If exported out of S America, what countries do you have access to?

c) Does the exporter do fish other than apistos?

Alternatively, can you forward the list you have to me? [email protected]

thanks.

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
From what I'm seeing on the list of fish you gave Mike. I thank we found two of the spices you asked about. I'm sending for a Brazillan list waitting on replie. Also there is a larger amount of the Peruvian's on are list.
Still some of the harder to find one's work for me. LOL But once the list for the Brazilan list gets here. I'll know more on the what's and when. I do know I'll be placing a order on the 1st.

fishfarm

5 Year Member
PM me before you import from anyone in S. America, some will send you crappy fish, others will just take your money. I've dealt with just about everyone. Just trying to save you some trouble. Ken

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….