• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

teleocichla sp.

Remon

5 Year Member
Hiya guys,

I recently obtained 5 teleocichla sp. They are seldom available in the Netherlands, and information is more than scarce. They are doing very well, but I was wondering if anyone has some experience in keeping these pretty little cichlids.
I'm not even sure which exact species they are, although Xingu IV looks kind of similar, although not for all of them, so there might be a chance I have more than one species.

Some pictures:
teleo4.jpg

teleo5.jpg

teleo6.jpg

teleo7.jpg

HaakonH

5 Year Member
Hi!

Beautiful little creatures :) Your set up looks pretty good I think. Although they don't need all that much current to thrive, you should make sure that your tank water is well filtered and oxygen-rich, as this is similar to the conditions they are used to in their natural habitat. Higher temperatures (27-30 C) is also recommended. Feed them (adult) Artemia, Mosquito larvae and other similar foods and they will feel right at home. I'm not too sure about the aggression in these fish, so I think you should at least provide some sort of cave or shelter for every individual.

-Haakon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….