• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Starting up an Apistogramma Fish Room

daphilster08

5 Year Member
Hey Guys,

My name is Phil and I am 23 years old. I graduated college a couple years ago. Throughout college, I couldn't live with out fish. Even in my small dorm room I was breeding things such as kribs, apistos, Cherry/crystal shrimp, CPO Crayfish and a few others. I ended my senior year with just having a show tank with L046 Zebra plecos and sulawesi shrimp in another tank. I graduated college, came back to the cities and lived at my parents house the past year and a half with just a 150 gallon tank with datnoids in it. Most recently, I just bought myself a house in December and I am finally all settled in. I have one space in my split level basement that seems to be a utility type closet with cement floors. I plan to set up a rack system with tanks from 5-40 gallon in there. I have 4 main focuses. Apistogramms, Parosphromenus (a few different species hopefully), Crenicichla Notophthalmus (working on getting wild caught specimen) and inverts( tiger shrimp and maybe get Sulawesi cardinal shrimps again). I currently just have a amateur aquascaped 5 gallon with pseudomugil sp paskai in there.

If you have access too or have some wild caught apistogrammas please PM me. I will be limited for tanks until I can invest in more but have a few ten gallons set up. The first two breeds I really want are A. Elizabethae and A. Abacaxis. But other wild caught Apistos would be awesome

Glad to be apart of this group again! I miss chatting about the dwarfs. I have a few leads to getting wild caught fish but if anything comes to mind about the Apistos or other breeds I named above please do let me know.

Hope all is well ;)

~ Phil

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wrothgar

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….