• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Six a crowd?

Captain Jim

Got a tank with four german blue rams, and two bolivians. Put all six together in a 33 long tank. There for 24 hours or so..still a lot of fussing and temper. My question is this tank really too little, or do the Germans just want the Bolivians gone,..antisocially speaking?

Captain Jim

I agree,..I'm going to move the Bolivians to a 55 with some young gold angelfish..I guess I underestimated the difference between a 55 and a 33 gallon. Too much hostility for the Bolivians I believe..I purchased the 55 with the six rams, two small plecos, and an angelfish. The plecs are already in with the angels. That will leave the four Germans in the 33..thinking that should (maybe) be okay for awhile unless I have a really intolerant GBlue. They have an artificial hollow log about a foot long, two cichlid stones, fairly heavy artificial plantlife, and java moss. I'll give em a flat slate pretty soon(likely two).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….