• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Single apistogramma being kept with breeding kribs and rummynose in 60 gal corner bowfont?

dudenamedcody20

Hi so I have a 60 gal corner bowfront that has rummynose and eventually (hopefully) a pair of breeding pelvicachromis pulcher. I was wondering if I could keep any apistos or other dwarf cichlids with the kribs. It has two coconut caves, and a big rock cave. It also has driftwood and plants.
Thanks

Jason82

5 Year Member
mabe killifish as dithers
if you're wanting to breed kribs, don't but other dwarf cichlids in the tank
the apisto will get bashed by breeding pulcher

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Well, Rummy-nose tetras are not bottom dwellers for the most part. They don't compete with kribs for territory like other cichlids do. Also do a search on Rummy-nose tetras as efficient fry predators. If you're thinking of large Krib broods, you might be disappointed.

dudenamedcody20

Well, Rummy-nose tetras are not bottom dwellers for the most part. They don't compete with kribs for territory like other cichlids do. Also do a search on Rummy-nose tetras as efficient fry predators. If you're thinking of large Krib broods, you might be disappointed.
I don't care either way, but I prefer the kribs breeding dress and behavior. ideally some will survive. I have shellies that I'm hoping will breed soon.

dudenamedcody20

If I kept say a single female krib with another west african cichlid would her colors be much less vibrant than in her breeding dress? If I kept a single krib would it open up another cichlid that could live?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….