• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sick Apisto?

jayzimmerman3

Hey all!

I have a beautiful fire red Aggie male. Normally very boisterous, but now noticing he is floating around the top of the tank and is a bit sluggish. Front lip seems sunken in a bit, and gills have some red spots on them.
Everyone else in the tank looks happy and healthy. Planning on a big water change and quarantining him, but any idea on how to treat him?

Attachments

• 57F18F76-C4F0-4FBB-8A9D-1FDC6EE04328.jpeg
    57F18F76-C4F0-4FBB-8A9D-1FDC6EE04328.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 157

MacZ

Looks like mouth rot and the stringy white poop points to inner parasites. So at least inner parasites and a bacterial infection.
I would probably put the fish down. As it seems the upper jaw is basically gone, so the fish will likely starve.

As it is very likely that the parasites have spread already, keep a keen eye on everybody else and as soon as you see symptoms in other fish, try to find out which parasite it is. Do not just dose meds without finding out whether it's tapeworms, protozoans or camallanus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….