• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Separated Fry

Ryandelmar

Hello, I have got some Fry in an external breeding box and I was wondering at what age/size should I put them into a full grow out tank

Ryandelmar

For me it would be right now. Start with a smaller tank and move to larger as they grow. My experience is that apisto fry grow faster when left with their mother, if possible. I use a suitable breeding tank and leave the work to mom.
I’ve got them in the 2ltr Fluval external at the minute

yukondog

5 Year Member
What type of apisto and how many? I agree that a 2 liter's is too small. I would at least go 5 gl.

anewbie

cacatuoides and I was keeping them in the hang on till they grew past wriggler stage for a few weeks like they’re tiny surely it’s not too small
if they are still wrigglers they are not yet eating and i doubt it is too small as long as the water is pristine. However once they are free swimming and you start feeding them...

Ryandelmar

if they are still wrigglers they are not yet eating and i doubt it is too small as long as the water is pristine. However once they are free swimming and you start feeding them...
It’s one of those external ones that uses the tank water on an instant output type mechanism with me removing waste as well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….