• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Searching sp. abacaxis/wilhlemi

candidi

5 Year Member
Hi all,

I'm searching Apistogramma sp abacaxis/wilhelmi, but unfortunately I don't find any in my country (Switzerland).

Who could say me where I can found/order this specie? Or who have some young and could send them to me in switzerland?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Sébastien

fishboy20

5 Year Member
I know Uwe Romer is working with this species as he mentioned it at the ACA this year. I believe ApistoDave is working with the species thanks to him here in the states. I do not know of anyone else that has them. Anybody else?

~Jeremy Basch
Webpage-http://www.AmazonCichlids.com

Microman

5 Year Member
I have a pair at the moment that is breeding...
Sebastien,i have just sold my last 8 F1 juveniles from a previous brood.
I think peter lovett also has them in the UK.
will be in touch...

Joost S

5 Year Member
In Germany there is a large population. Next week I will get a pair. A bit expensice though. App. 40 euro each. I can ask my supplier who the breeder is?

candidi

5 Year Member
Thank you all for your answers, that's nice.

@ fishboy : My first wilhelmi cam from Uwe and David :tongue:, I'll see :wink:

@ Microman : Ok, thank you, I sent you an e-mail and become your answer any days ago... And Peter doesn't have any more wilhelmi too :frown: , I sent an e-mail to him too.

@ Joost S : Thank you, but I find the price very expensive... 40 euro each??? Isn't it the price for the pair?

Microman

5 Year Member
Looking at this price,40Euros each,we who deal in Apistos in the UK must be doing something wrong....
Peter Lovett sold me a pair of wilds for 30UK pounds, approx 44Euros, and i have been selling the F1 juveniles for only 2 UK pounds each, under 3Euros.
A recent article in Practical Fishkeeping quoted Wilhelmi at 75UK pounds each,approx 110Euros.....This must be an error....
If we tried to sell our Wilhelmi at 40Euros each in the UK nobody would purchase them....

Joost S

5 Year Member
Prices really differ from species to species. From the A. wilhelmi there are not to many, than prices are relatively high.

The following link goes to a Dutch forum. The thread will show you the list and prices of species that are available at the moment. Part is bred, part are wild caught. The last one relatively cheaper :rolleyes:

Microman

5 Year Member
Joost,
Would it be possible to give me the address of this shop as i am coming over to Holland in early November, Dwarf shopping and also dropping off some Biotoecus for Eelke at Aqua ferrytale....
Re:these prices... Personally thought the Wilhelmi, Paucisquamis and even Juruensis were expensive but the others were quite reasonable...
Mark...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….