• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rineloricaria

Apistogramm-Sam

5 Year Member
I've had these two Rineloricaria for several months now, and I haven't really searched to find out what species they are. But, seeing as how I just dismantled and put into storage all but one of my tanks in preparation for moving to my new college, they decided to spawn last night. So now I've been trying to find info on them, but my searches have come up empty. Anyone know what they are or have any experience raising catfish fry?

Female
E-mailIMG_0191.jpg

Male with eggs
E-mailIMG_0192.jpg

beleg

5 Year Member
Spriluna tabs , zuchini and most vegetable matter should work. I dont know the species but i have successfully bred Ancistrus species and the fry readily devour anything they can suck on.

Zoban

5 Year Member
L010a looks correct then as the lip isn't feathery enough to be the L010..

Weird though as I thought all the L010a's were supposed to be reddish.

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
The L010a is red. The males are really nice red.

L010 is a Loricaria; L010a is a Rineloricaria!

The bristles around the front are found on older males, so yours may not be showing them yet.

The closest pictures I can see on planet catfish to your species IMHO is R.parva, but they are identified from the plates under the body, among other features so you'd have to find some meristic details to be confident of the ID.

Apistogramm-Sam

5 Year Member
Thanks for the info everyone :) The developing embryos are now visible around the yolksac. Now I just have to break out a tank from storage to raise them in when they hatch. . .it seems my fish don't want me to break down my tanks and move away to college :wink:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wrothgar

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….