• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Retired and happy

Alan Epstein

Just joined today. I am retired and spend much of the day with my fish. I have a 225 gallon aquarium with a 30 gallon sump and twin tower wet/dry filter. I have discus and tetras. Branching out to dwarf cichlids. I have quite a few species as of this posting. AL

Alan Epstein

Sure. I will post pictures. The twin tower Trickle Filter was the best option for a large aquarium. The sump is planted with Wysteria and acts as a secondary filtration system. The plants absorb various chemicals that are harmful to fish. I also run a Bio-Reactor with Purigen. I have a heavy bio-load, so even with this system, I still do 20% water changes on a daily basis. AL

Linus_Cello

5 Year Member
I only have 3 show tanks; as time gets more limited (new baby), trying to figure out how to decrease time on maintenance for the tanks. Maybe w/d and sump is the way to go.

(working miserable and sleep deprived)

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….