• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rare Oppurtunity

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I have been offered some pretty hard to find Apistos but before I bring them in I'd like to know if there is any interest in them as I'll have to bring in 30-50 of each species which adds up quickly!

-all wild caught and exported from Peru-
Apistogramma sp. "cacatuoides" Aguaytia $60/pr
Apistogramma sp. cruzeiro $90/pr
Apistogramma sp. Blue Jutai (Strawberry) $80/pr

Prices are approximate and dependent on actual freight costs to get the fish to me

Linus_Cello

5 Year Member
Any pics of the Apistogramma sp. Blue Jutai (Strawberry)? I did a google image search, and could only find pics of the first two options.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I think I overlooked the pictures on Google thinking they were a tank strain of reds, instead of wild fish.

I'm not 100% sure what they will look like Scott! I see lots of pictures of a really red spotted fish on the Asian sites but then I've also seen something more like a staecki or luelingi. I guess until I actually have the fish we won't know!

It's also been suggested that the blue jutai might be jutai II. But again, I can't confirm this until I have the fish.

Any thoughts Mike?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
There appear to be 2 different cacatuoides-group species in the Río Aguaytia: A. cacatuoides and an undescribed species similar to A. lueling. As for the Blue Jutai, well that could be anything. It is a new commercial name to me.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Thanks for the input Mike.

I've had a few people express interest in these fish but not many. I understand it matters what fish actually show up under a given name but let's assume the nicest possible fish arrive. Any other takers? I need to get my order in today for possible Sunday/Monday arrival. These fish have been in the US for a few weeks now and have been cleaned up so they should be ready to go back out in short order...say a week to settle back in and eat before getting cleaned out to ship again.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I need to have a few more people on board for some of these fish by mid week this week or I don't think I'll bring the fish in. I just don't have a few thousand dollars extra available right now to tie up in fish that it looks like I might end up keeping for a long time!

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I was also offered a handful of wild elizabetha but they would have been about $125 per fish!!! As much as I'd like them a had to turn them down for that kind of money.:eek:

Racine Vice

All that were available...very nice! Hopefully you get some descent sex ratios. I look forward to seeing them. And yeah, $250 for a pair of A. elizabethae is too rich for my blood. I can just imagine if I bought a pair and lost one of them...

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Working on a better price on a larger volume of elizabethae down the road. Right now only about 12 fish were available because of heavy shipping losses due to bad packing. So we shall see!

Yes, all of each type-give or take 40 of each species. Sounds like the sex ratio is pretty good but I've heard that before! It will also be interesting to see if all of the fish in a given group are the same species or if there are any additional species hitch hiking along.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I finally had the time to take some pictures and get the uploaded!

Apistogramma sp. jutai Blue Strawberry (kelleri)

Male
IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

Female
IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

Male from the previous import (posted to show what this can look like once settled in)
IMG_0607.jpg

head close up
IMG_0609.jpg

tail close up
IMG_0610.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….