1. Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question about Port Acara cichlid

Discussion in 'Other South American Dwarf Cichlids' started by Cookie_apisto, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Cookie_apisto

Cookie_apisto Member

Does any of you guys have experience with the Port Acara cichlids? Can they survive at the temperature around 80F?
  2. Mike Wise

Mike Wise Moderator Staff Member 5 Year Member

Which "Port Acara" (Cichlasoma actually) do you have? The true Port Acara (Cichlasoma portalegrense) is not as common in the hobby as some other Port-like cichlasomines. Port-like species occur throughout tropical and subtropical South America and into southern Central America.
  3. gerald

gerald Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

I think 80 F should be okay for pretty much any of the Cichlasoma and Aequidens "Acara" species.
  4. Cookie_apisto

Cookie_apisto Member

The one i am interested is the true Port Acara (Cichlasoma portalegrens) because they listed as wild caught but I havent gwt them yet.