• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Quality?

Katie13

I was wondering how the Apistos at my LFS look quality wise.
ms3a9G1.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
How tall are the front dorsal fin spines. Other than the rather pale red, probably due to diet, it looks ok for a triple-red. I've seen better, but I've seen more that were much worse.

Katie13

How tall are the front dorsal fin spines. Other than the rather pale red, probably due to diet, it looks ok for a triple-red. I've seen better, but I've seen more that were much worse.
They were a pretty good size (maybe 1.5 inches?) and some had a much deeper color than this one. I’ll be at that LFS later today, so I’ll try to get some better pictures. I’m not really planning on getting those, but I figured it would be good to know the quality in case I spot a pair of Rio Negros, Agassizi, or a gorgeous Cacatuoide. I’m planning to order some though. Any chance you know what species is commonly sold under the name “Rio Negro”?

Katie13

Sorry, but I don't recall any apisto sold under that name. Rio Negro is a location. It could be any of several apisto species from this river.
That’s my thought on it, but my LFS sells a paticular species under the name Rio Negro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….