• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Problems with logging in to the new site

a.d.wood

5 Year Member
Strange one this....

I have to login every time I visit the site as the 'remeber me' doesn't seem to do that.

More worrying though, when I log in with my username and password I get the welcome screen and then thrown back out to the main forum page as if I haven't logged in (no UCP at the top of the screen, just blank username and password boxes).

If I then enter my username and an intenitionally wrong password I get taken to the screen telling me I only have 5 attempts to login correctly.

Here's the fun bit... If I ignore the opportunity to input the correct password and just click the 'forum' hyperlink at the top of the box (without putting in any username or password details in the boxes) I am then taken to the front page and now have access to my UCP......

Any ideas where the glitch lies with this one.

Accessing the forum using Firefox 3.6.16 on a Windows XP laptop.

Andrew

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I suspect that there is a setting that needs to be adjusted, but I am not going to start pushing buttons until I have been notified by the person doing the upgrade that he has done all that he can/will do. I will send him a copy of your post. If it is a problem caused by the upgrade he will probably fix it. If it is a setting he may not, because he is not being paid to manage the forum... just get us through the conversion.

Thanks for the bug notification though. I am going to start a thread soliciting bug reports.

a.d.wood

5 Year Member
I suspect that there is a setting that needs to be adjusted, but I am not going to start pushing buttons until I have been notified by the person doing the upgrade that he has done all that he can/will do. I will send him a copy of your post. If it is a problem caused by the upgrade he will probably fix it. If it is a setting he may not, because he is not being paid to manage the forum... just get us through the conversion.

Thanks for the bug notification though. I am going to start a thread soliciting bug reports.

Thanks Ted, it's also doing the same on a desktop running Win7 and IE8. Not to worry too much for now, with the workaround at least I can still access the forum!!

Andrew

a.d.wood

5 Year Member
Remember me! doesn't work :(
I'm forced to log in every time i visit the forum. :confused:

I've found this as well but.....

When you visit the forum during any session and you are faced with the main forum page suggesting you are not logged in, click on the 'forum' hyperlink button underneath the site logo, effectively refreshes the page but at the same time also changes the page to show that I am logged in.

I have a sneaking suspicion these problems might be to do with the 'anonym.to' page/protocol that shows when you are following a link in the forum.

Andrew

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….