• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Price Comparison

awth

5 Year Member
Dear all,

I am from Hong Kong, and recently we have an discussion in a local forum regarding the price of Apisto across the world. We are discussing about the price for particular spieces, I would appreicate if you can give me some idea and let me know which country you are from.

Please convert to USD (USD1 = HKD7.8), pirce in HK per pair:
A. Elizabethae - German Super Red (USD360-400)
A. Elizabethae - Wild Caught & F1 (USD50-70 & USD30-50)
A. Bitaeniata - Wild Caught & F1 (USD60-150 & USD25-50)
A. Trifasciata - Wild Caught & F1 (USD60-100 & USD15-30)
A. Agassizii - Wild Caught & F1 (USD60-150 & USD25-50)
A. sp. "Wilheimi" - Wild Caught & F1 (USD50-70 & USD25-50)
I. Adoketa - Wild Caught & F1 (USD1,000-1,200 & USD 600-900)
A. Diplotaenia - Wild Caught & F1 (USD200-250 & USD50-75)

I understand the price for A. Elizabethae - German Super Red & I. Adoketa are ridiculous in HK. However, these are the "hot" speices. The price is marked higher for those "hot" speices, others like A. Bitaeniata "Rio Tefe" would cost 100-150% more than a A. Bitae from Peru.

Thank you very much for your information, I believe this information exchange can let us understand more about the market across the world.

Regards from Hong Kong. :)

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Compare some of the prices with those in the "Trading Post" section (North America) on this forum. Here is another from the American Cichlid Assoc. Trading Post that isn't on this forum:

Wilds:
Apsitogramma gibbiceps $7.50 (20) 1"
Apistogramma paucisquamis $16 (25) 1-1.5"
Apistogramma pertensis $7.50 (8) 1"

Yes, they are much less expensive, but you also have to ship your fish much farther.

apistobob

5 Year Member
In my opinion no one in the U.S. would pay some of those prices. With just a few exceptions, I believe that Americans have repeatedly demonstrated that they are not willing to pay premium prices for dwarf cichlids. Therefore, we see the fish offered here at lower prices. The other side of this is that we rarely receive the best quality or most unusual imports as the suppliers would rather sell the fish for higher profits in places where people will pay more.

Bob

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….