• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible sp nanay¿?

Acuamanus

Hi guys! I have received some apistos imported from Peru that arrived as atahualpa, but it is clear that they are not. I was reviewing species from Peru and I have several doubts. But within everything I was reviewing it could be a sp nanay. What do you think? Thanks in advance

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-29 at 11.22.58 AM.jpeg

MacZ

The shape of the spot at the caudal is a bit inconclusive, otherwise it ticks the boxes for A. sp. nanay.

MacZ

Would A. alpahuayo be another possibility?
Na, A. sp. nanay are relatively similar to A. ortegai and the like, A. allpahuayo look more like a repainted A cacatuoides. Especially the mouth is a telltale sign. This one here doesn't look anything like it.

Mazan

Na, A. sp. nanay are relatively similar to A. ortegai and the like, A. allpahuayo look more like a repainted A cacatuoides. Especially the mouth is a telltale sign. This one here doesn't look anything like it.
OK yeah, I was going by a not very good picture. But as you said the caudal spot looks different on "nanay".

Acuamanus

Thank guys! I could reach the exporter in Peru and they told "sp purple". I think he means Pebas morado, and maybe it is related to the Ortegai. But, I used to have Pebas morado, and it doesn´t look like the one in the picture.

anewbie

Either way it is definitely an attractive fish and hopefully one with a decent or at least entertaining personality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….