1. Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

PM'd Spam !

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and Suggestions' started by Andrew C, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Andrew C

Andrew C New Member 5 Year Member

Am i going to be rich :) or have i just been spammed :eek:

2. Konigwolf

Konigwolf Member 5 Year Member

Classic arnt they, they dont work so much for bank deatils these day ( but some people do still fall) it usually works as a email reply/address confirmation when people respond, must be getting really hopeful if they pm'd it to you :)
  3. bigbird

bigbird Member 5 Year Member

as she lives on the west coast of africa, ask her to send you some west coast small cichlids ?

cheers jk :biggrin:
  4. tjudy

tjudy Moderator Staff Member 5 Year Member

I did not get that one. Please let me now the username of the sender so I can get in on the deal! (Or ban them... )
  5. Andrew C

Andrew C New Member 5 Year Member

From the profile, the users name is susu, and joined on the 06-05-2008

So i'm not rich then :frown:
  6. Apistomaster

Apistomaster Member 5 Year Member

Hi Andrew,
    I haven't had any phishing e-maols as a result of this site but I havve received several e-mails very similar to yours.
    I also had a case which followed a common scam format.
    I had a response from an ad I ran in the local money saver where the initial contact used the deaf users' telephone system where an agreement was reached on the terms of sale for a motorized hospital bed with an out of state buyer. This is a common ploy. They not only sent me a money order for $950 which was for both the item and shipping. The money order rapidly arrived via FedEx and contained two counterfeit money orders made out for $950 eah x2.
    Fortunately, this was a blatant scam so I was not harmed except it did cost me a local sale.
    There seems no end to the number of these scams and a common thread is that many are originating from Nigeria where they have sophisticated Identity theft rings operating under various organized crime banners.