• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Planned: travel to Brasil

Dirk

5 Year Member
unfortunately I know nobody who can help me.

Hi,

does anybody from you have experiences or in other words has done a tour to see Apistogrammas in their natural environment?

Beginning next year I would start, lets say for 2 weeks, a journey to Brasil to watch Apistogramma. My first interest is to watch them and only perhaps take some of them to Germany.

I´m looking for an contact/adress. Somebody who can organise a room and a leader with experiences. A leader of course who have knowledges about Apistogrammas.

Neil, perhaps you have done such a tour. I tried to get in contact with Julio Melgar. On his homepage "Acuario Nanay" there is an email-adress. But unfortunately it doesn`t works. I always get the message back" undeliverable message".

Would be very kind, anybody could help me.

Ciao
Dirk

Z Man

5 Year Member
Julio has moved back to his home in Peru. Sorry but I have no new address for him. I do know that it is not easy to just go there on your own and expect to see any Apistogramma without going on a planned collection trip.

Henrique

5 Year Member
Hello Dirk

Hello,I am from Brazil but don`t have any contact make this expedition.I am so far from Amazonas,I live in São Paulo city.
Once I have visited a web site who works with expedition in Amazonas river to catch fishes...But it happens months ago...I will try to remember the website,ok?
I think is very difficult to find a company working with one kind of fish, maybe this expedition catch many kinds of fishes.
I have a contact in Amazonas and I wil ask him about expedition.But he works in reserch...well, I will try.
Bye.

*just today I have a friend going to Germany to visit a fair and he will buy some apistos to import to Brazil.Isn`t fun?

Neil

Dirk,
Contact me off-list (PM) and i will tell you how to get ahold of Julio. You can also try Vinny Cutty (Mostly Cichlids -Do a search!). There are a few other resources that i will explore for you too. Good luck with this trip. I envy you this chance to see these fishes natural environment.
Neil

Dirk

5 Year Member
Henrique,

thanks in advance and Neil,

mail follows - thanks.

Ciao
Dirk

Dirk

5 Year Member
Hola Henrique,

I know this company and may be this could be a good idea. I will go in contact with them - we will see.

Muchas gracias and hasta luego (hablo espaniol pero no portuguese).

:D
Ciao
Dirk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….