• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

[Pic] Dragon Family

awth

5 Year Member
I. Adoketa, in Chinese, we call them "Dragon Pattern", so here I present to you, my collections of my Dragon family. Everyone of them are special to me :wink:

WF1 @ Nov 2006
M: 8cm
F: 6cm

MALE
20070826008.jpg

20070826005.jpg

FEMALE
20070826007.jpg

20070826002-1.jpg

awth

5 Year Member
Recently acquired 3pcs of adoketa youngster from RVA Japan. Unluckily, 1 of them has internal worm, I got 100% refund on it and it seems it is recovering.

Wild Adoketa #1
RVA20070826001.jpg

Wild Adoketa #2
RVA20070826003.jpg

Wild Adoketa #3 (in Treatment)
DAY 1:
Day1.jpg

DAY 2:
Day2.jpg

DAY3:

blueblue

5 Year Member
Hi friend, we hobbyists from Hong Kong are trying to convince the whole hobby in the world that adoketa is really beautiful!! :)

awth

5 Year Member
Hi friend, we hobbyists from Hong Kong are trying to convince the whole hobby in the world that adoketa is really beautiful!! :)

LOL.... hahahaha..... true, I post not only here, I also post in Australia, Taiwan forum, and soon Malaysia too..... hahaha:biggrin:

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Very few make it to the USA, and no wild imports that I know of through our importers. I know of a few people who have gotten fish from friends in Europe and Asia.

DH247

5 Year Member
Ever since I first came across the pics I have thought they were a beautiful species. I hope that I will one day be able to find and keep them here in Canada! Their banding is magnificent and the green is great! I especially enjoyed the video (I forget who posted it) of Adoketa spawning! It was amazing! I am still waiting on my first spawn and I am hopeful it will come soon! I have a pair of Trifasciata that seem to be doing quite well. So fingers crossed. Cheers and thanks for sharing the wonderful pics!

Genes

5 Year Member
Those are awesome! :eek:

Why do you guys in HongKong always get such pretty fishes...:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

awth

5 Year Member
We hobbyists over in the UK certainly need no convincing....
Quite a few keeping and breeding them now.
Mark...

Hi Mark,

Any update? Can you share your water parameter with us? Or some secret hints in having sucessful spawn? I failed 8 times!:frown:

Certainly, you guys are close to Germany, I believe you guys can get some of the other exotic fishes too!

awth

5 Year Member
Very few make it to the USA, and no wild imports that I know of through our importers. I know of a few people who have gotten fish from friends in Europe and Asia.

Anyone of them have sucussed in breeding them?

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
adoketa

This is my favorite dwarf cichlid and I have been keeping and breeding them for years now. I currently have four breeding pairs and lotzs of fish growing out, just took 50 1'4 group from a female yesterday, This little girl is steady on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….