• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

PHOTOS OF DICROSSUS FILAMENTOSUS FRY

W

wwwallace

I'm new here!
My english it's very bad but I'll intend explain a little what I've done.

I've breed with success dicrossus filametosus.

I've breed with and without the female

1st I separate the eggs from the female and also separate the male from the female because the female sometimes kills the male.

Here the male dicrossus

149169-4867_max.jpg

Here the female from the poblation of rio negro (red fins)

149166-5221_max.jpg

The parameters of my water were:

Temp: 28ºC
pH: 4 - 4,5
gH:0 (all osmosys water only)
kh: 0
NO3:0
No2:0

The filter was a eheim 2213 charged with a little of "turba" to obtain this pH acid.

The female with the eggs
149160-2676_max.jpg

The eggs separated in a 6 liters with oxigen and temp 28ºC, the water is only destilated no t osmosys pH must be 4,5.
And no light.
149161-2344_max.jpg

Here the 6 liters acuarium
149164-7137_max.jpg

A fry with 72 hours after the "putting of the eggs" (i don't know the word in english)
149162-5143_max.jpg

Hear the next day
149163-6440_max.jpg

3 days
149172-5069_max.jpg

3 days with 45 X + cam zoom 3 x
149165-9139_max.jpg

20 days
149167-7978_max.jpg

2 months aprox (there are the 2 differents fry, one without the female, and one with female)
149170-709_max.jpg

Here other fry that i only have separated the male
149168-2856_max.jpg

I've obtained 80 dicrossus with the 6 liters care, and the mother has obtained 38 dicrossus.

All've eaten artemia strimps.

Ask all you want and I'll try to explain as I can.

Now I'm mad searching biotecus. Anybody knows where I can find? Anybody can send me?

Regards!

Borked

5 Year Member
Absolutly amazing pictures!!!

The day to day sequence of the fry is outstanding.

The filter was a eheim 2213 charged with a little of "turba" to obtain this pH acid.

What is this "turba"? Is it peat or something else?

BTW your english is better than you think.

Congrats!
-Kyle

W

wwwallace

Yes I've searched and "turba" it's "peat".

Thanks borked. If anybody looks a very very big ortografic mistake, tell mi at the final of the message ;) :oops: :lol:

Bye!

Neil

wwwallace,
Those are great pics. I would in no way want to not have them available to the members of this forum, but they are fairly large photos and took forever to load (for dial-up users like me). Could you please edit your post to include a link to all these photos to make things easier for us? If not, please link tyour pics in future post. But please keep posting. Again your pics are great. Loved the close-up of the eggs.
Thanks,
Neil

Zapisto

5 Year Member
Amazing

Great pics.

the 6litter tank , is the tank you use to remove the eggs from the parent rigth ?
only air stone on this tank ?

again great pics

W

wwwallace

Yes I use 6 liters.

The tank at 28ºC with only air stone.
The water is destilated water only, best than osmosys for the 4,5 ph

Regards!

A

Alberto

Oh my God!!

Are you here? Your photos are very common in Spain but I see you want to become famous in the world and for that, you are going abroad :D .

Good luck with your adventure!!

See you in Spain!

W

wwwallace

Hi Alberto!
I come here because the dwarf cichlids forums in spain doesn't have level, and here we can find rare spices, like dicrossus maculatus, or biotecus, or rare apistogramma.

Regards from catalonia!

Neil

Alberto,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Yes, I just looked at these pics again and am very impressed. Most interesting close-ups that you don't see too often.

wwwallace,

I come here because the dwarf cichlids forums in spain doesn't have level, and here we can find rare spices, like dicrossus maculatus, or biotecus, or rare apistogramma.

Yes, but most of us can't take pics like you can over there - so were even. :D 8O We have been pretty lucky the past few years to get alot of nice species in this country. We probably still have a little ways to go to catch up with Germany and Japan though. :wink:
Neil

A

Amazonic

Hello to all users of the forum. I've been looking this site for months, but I've just registered.

Hi Wwallace,

Well, I think you have no right to say that spanish forums have no enough level to suply your needs, because you've been answered every time you have posted a message. Am I wrong?

Well, hope you'll get your new fish soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….