• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pelvicachromis silviae

gerald

5 Year Member
Is a pdf of the paper available online? All I could find was this abstract:

Lamboj, A. (2013): A new dwarf cichlid (Perciformes) from Nigeria. Cybium, 37 (3): 149-157.

Abstract
Pelvicachromis silviae, a new cichlid species, is described. It differs from congeners by unique coloration of females and a combination of morphological characters, e.g. greater body depth, shorter snout length, greater eye orbit diameter and several other meristic parameters. The species occurs in the lower Niger River system and seems to represent within the genus a closer relative to P. subocellatus.

Pelvicachromis silviae, une nouvelle espèce de cichlidés, est décrite. Elle se distingue de ses congénères par la coloration unique des femelles et par une combinaison de caractères morphologiques (plus grande hauteur du corps, museau plus court, diamètre de l’orbite plus grand) et par plusieurs autres paramètres méristiques. L’es-pèce se trouve dans le système du bas Niger et, au sein du genre, semble très proche de P. subocellatus.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Thanks for the update, Ted. Hopefully a portent of more description to come? Cybium's website list v.37 n.3 being printed right now. It should be available for sale soon. My guess is that Ted got a 'galley proof' from a friend;) .

Joe Gatchell

1005295_589249757782403_908251543_n (2).jpg

This was posted on the West African Cichlid Facebook page. (If it's a copyright violation to post that, please delete mods)

YuCheng

I saw this image few days ago. I forgot where I saw it but I download cuz they looks good. I wonder where I can get a pair of this specie.

Attachments

• 10601233_10152179227211816_1616112940_n.jpg
    10601233_10152179227211816_1616112940_n.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 2,798

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….