• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

online ordering of plants

georgedv

5 Year Member
Has anyone ordered plants form online sources? If so from whom and what was your experience? I have been looking at Arizona Aquatic Gardens and Aquariumplants.com. I am ready to place an order, but I came across something that spooked me.

thanks

george

animalmgc

5 Year Member

georgedv

5 Year Member
Thanks for all the input. This has helped a lot. Now just have to decide.....like a kid in a candy store...I want this and this and this...

RTD

Check out BAMAPLANTS.COM

Ken is a marvelous fellow to work with. Often times sends more than you ordered. Very, very reasonable

DBlauj

+1 on theplanted.net, great advice, price, variety and info and you can find some great deals from other hobbyists as well.

cichlidmac

Bobstropicalplants.com great guy good prices great customer service.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk 2

Neptune's Neighborhood

5 Year Member
There are great package deals on aquabid.com as well, just keep a look out for what you want, or if you see someone, but you want a different quantity, just shoot them a message.

AssassinJimmie

I've bought plants from aquariumplants.com. They sell plant assortments which is definitely the way to go. the larger the assortment the better the deal. If I remember correctly I got the 2 dozen assortment and was very pleased. Each piece in the assortment was anywhere from 5-6 to 10-12 stems essentially and where in very nice condition. The only downside is there will probably be a few sensitive special needs plants and they do not include an invoice of the plants included so it takes a little research on their site to identify some of the unfamiliar plants. If buying a large plant assortment the deal is good enough that you could give away the plants that don't belong in you tanks and still come out ahead.

Byork

I have bought from aquariumplants.com and from other hobbyists, locally, on Aquatic plant central and the planted tank. I was happier with the plants that I received from other hobbyists. The shipping is far more reasonable and most of them are very generous. I always treat for pests and algae but if that were a concern then aquariumplants.com is the route to go. I wouldn't be surprised if there were members here that had extra of whatever you need.

Basha312

5 Year Member
Aquariumplants.com is great for price but some specimens (in my experiences) have been lacking in quality, that being said I continue to buy plants from them

ChuckinMA

I used AquaticJungles for my initial plant stocking of a 75 gallon tank. The plants, a combination package, arrived in good condition, and Dustin who owns the site provided me with the shipping data in advance so I could track it (he ships from Kentucky). I was a bit apprehensive at first with mail order, but pleased with the condition and overall plant health.

Basha312

5 Year Member
Ya Dustin has a number a informative/entertaining videos on his youtube channel that I would highly recommend anyone who is passionate about planted tanks checking out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….