• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

One more Peru order for the season and Updated Stock List

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I'll be placing one more Peru order for this collecting season (the rains have already started) to fill in a few things. I'll also be getting a box or two from Columbia and Brazil as they both are showing some Apistos as well as a few tetras I need to restock.

My current stock list is finally updated at www.aquaticclarity.com/fish Keep in mind Wisconsin does have a winter-although the last few days highs have been near 50!, but snow is coming the next 2 days. That means shipping is spuratic at best as I don't like to ship in the face of winter storms and/or really low temps.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
The orders are in and the fish are schedualled to arrive this coming Monday.

Here are the fish by country (subject to subs):
Peru Order
Apistogramma cacatuoides
Apistogramma barlowi
Apistogramma baenschi
Apistogramma sp. Black Chin
COPEINA 4 POINTS (Pyrrhulina spilota)
TETRA CANDELITA(Aphyoditeina gen. sp. ) Datz 11/2007

subs
Corydoras pygmaeus
TETRA ROBERTY (Hyphessobrycon bentosi)
Apistogramma nanay
Apistogramma pucallpaensis
PYRRHULINA LAETA (Pyrrhulina laeta)
Apistogramma agassizii
Apistogramma cruzi

Columbian Order
APISTOGRAMMA AGGASSIZI (most likely NOT agassizii)
CICHLID RAMS WILD
TETRA RUBY
TETRA RED PHANTOM

subs
CORYDRAS HABROSUS
TETRA RED PHANTOM
HOPLARCHUS SPITTACUS

Brazil Order
APISTOGRAMMA AGASSIZI-AGASSIZI
APISTOGRAMMA SP-BRAZ. APISTOGRAMMA
CHEIRODON AXELRODI-CARDINAL TETRA MED.
PETITELLA GEORGIAE-RUMMY NOSE

subs
SYMPHYSODON AXELRODI-BLUE DISCUS LGE.(NHAMUNDA RIVER)
CARNEGIELLA STRIGATA-MARBLE HATCHETS
CHEIRODON AXELRODI-CARDINAL TETRA JUMBO
CORYDORAS ROBINEAE-ROBINEAE CATS

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Oh how I love import orders...

The shipments from all 3 countries will now be coming in on the 23rd as 2 of the 3 couldn't get sent out for one reason or another. The good nes is that I can add to the orders if I would like to. Here are the additional Apistos that I can get if any one is interested:

Apistogramma agassizii
Apistogramma sp.APACHE
Apistogramma bitaeniata var. ORANGE
Apistogramma bitaeniata
Apistogramma cruzi
Apistograma sp.pevas (dolly)
Apistogramma sp. purple
Apistogramma cinilabra
Apistogramma atahualpa

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Too many fish!

The Peru exporter screwed up and instead of sending my ordered 3 boxes they sent 5!!! They pulled most of my sub list and used that to fill the 2 extra boxes in addition to my order. So here's what I'll have tonight:

Peru:

Apistogramma agasizzi
Apistogramma cacatuoides
Apistogramma cruzi
Apistogramma barlowi "maulbruter" red face
Apistograma sp. Black Chin
Apistograma Melgar/Nanay
Pyrrhulina laeta splash tetra
Copeina 4 points (Pyrrhulina spilota) splash tetra
Corydoras pygmaeus
Tetra candelita

I won't know what Brazil and Colombia fish are coming in until tonight though and then I.D.'s on the Apistos may take a few days (or more) depending on how big the fish are and if they could be one of several fish or something very distinct.

Pictures will of course be posted in this thread during the week.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Oh do I have some work for Mr. Wise!

The cacatuoides, sp. Black Chin, agassizii, and red face barlowi (VERY nice) are all the right fish. I believe the melgar are correct (and a knock out). Not sure on the cruzi though. So Peru is pretty straight forward.

Brazil...one bag is the classic agassizii type but the other has a few agassizii, a few pertense type, and maybe something else. The Dicrossus were all DOA but 2 tiny Apistos were in the bag that survived despite brown stinky water.

Columbia...MIGHT be alicrina with a few others mixed in (but only a handful of someything else at best). And the kicker, 1 female and 2 different male Apistos in the blue rams. One of the males looks to be macmasteri or viejita and I'm not sure what the other male is. Hopefully the female goes with the macmasteri type fish!

Pictures will follow over the next few days as I have time. Pricing will also be posted in the next day or 2 as the fish settle in.

Other high lights incluide some stunning tetras incluiding some "emperors" (palmeri) that at worst are some of the nicest lacorti I've ever seen and at best are a new location or sp. (bear in mind I'm working on less then 4 hours of sleep so they just might be really really nice lacorti).

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Lacortei males have red eye irises while the palmeri's are blue.

Thank you.

I have both wild palmeri and lacortei already. These fish came in looking exceptional though. Now that they have settled in I believe they are just VERY nice lacortei. Their colors last night as I unpacked them were just very very bright and add in a bit of a stress pattern and they didn't look like any other emperor tetra type I had ever seen before.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Apisto. barlowi "red face"

IMG_9227.jpg

IMG_9222.jpg

IMG_9233.jpg

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Apisto. sp. "Melgar" (only a few of the males have the nearly solid yellow/orange tail but there are a few very large REALLY nice looking males without the yellow/orange tail that are knock outs)

IMG_9216.jpg

IMG_9211.jpg

IMG_9209.jpg

IMG_9177.jpg

IMG_9175.jpg

wethumbs

5 Year Member
I have both wild palmeri and lacortei already. These fish came in looking exceptional though.

I used to keep and breed both of them. I would highly recommend separating the lacortei from palmeri. Lacortei are way more aggressive than palmeri. One lacortei male can claim half of the tank and push everything to the other side. They may be beautiful, but truely a pain to deal with.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
The new fish are all settleing in very nicely. The A. sp. Black Chin are even looking pretty good!

Temps should be in the upper 30's and even the low 40's here next week so I'll be shipping out as many boxes as possible. I'll get pricing up on the new fish tonight or Saturday as well as an updated full fish list at www.aquaticclarity.com/fish The posted list is pretty up to date already with just a few additions beyond the new fish and a few things that have sold out.

So if you are loooking for fish yet this winter now is the time because who knows how long thius mild weather will last!

ste12000

5 Year Member
I always enjoy your import posts, even though im in the UK and can never buy (i do a similar thing to you here in the UK) i love to see what you get.. Any chance of more pics :)

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I always enjoy your import posts, even though im in the UK and can never buy (i do a similar thing to you here in the UK) i love to see what you get.. Any chance of more pics :)

Thanks! (Even though you only like the info so YOU know what to order! :rolleyes: ) More pictures over the next few days. I need to get some projects worked on around the house right now though.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Pricing on the new fish:

Peru

Apisto. agassizii $25/pr
A. cacatuoides $25/pr
A. barlowi red face $45/pr
A. cruzi $25/pr
A. sp. Black Chin $40/trio
A. sp. Melgar $35/pr
Cory. pygmeus $1 12/$10 24/$18
Brittanichthys sp "Candle Light" $5 12/$50 see Baenschi Atlas #4 pg 104 These are VERY cool fish in person!
Pyrrhulina laeta "1/2 lined splash tetra" $6 6/$30

Brazil

Apisto. agassizii $20/pr
Apisto. spp. (agassizii, pertense complex, and maybe something else mixed in yet!) 6/$25
Cardinal Tetra 12/$18 24/$30 50/$50

Columbia

Apisto. alacrina 6/$25 $15/pr
Blue Rams $5 6/$25 $12/pr
Nematobrycon lacortei "rainbow emperor tetra" $3 6/$20 12/$35
Hyphessobrycon haraldschultzi "red phantom tetra" $2 6/$10 12/$18 (genus species I.D. pending)

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
These guys have the signal tetra dorsal fin pattern (yellow/black/yellow) so I don't think they are the sweglesi that I ordered! They are small yet and will need to grow up a tiny bit to confirm what they are.

And just a funny note...

What we call the serpae tetra in the hobby are actually Hyphessobrycon callistus and the true Hyphessobrycon is a different, but similiar looking, fish!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
What we call the serpae tetra in the hobby are actually Hyphessobrycon callistus and the true Hyphessobrycon is a different, but similiar looking, fish!

Actually, the Serpae Tetra is now recognized to be a mix of several populations of H. eques. You're right, most South American fish under the name Hyphessobrycon do not belong with the genotype species. The genus, as presently understood, is a polyphyletic group of species.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….