• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G

gary1218

Hi All,

While I'm not new to fish keeping, I have been raising discus for the past several years, I am new to dwarf cichlids. I am interested in trying my hand at raising some dwarf cichlids, in particular rams. I would appreciate information on these fish whether it be a book, web site or an individual to contact.

I live in the Buffalo/Rochester, NY area. If there's anybody out there within a 3 hour drive that would be willing to let me visit them to see their set AND answer ALL my questions that would be SUPER.

Who out there has quality rams for sale? Are wild rams difficult to come by?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

GARY

Z Man

5 Year Member
Gary, Have we met? Your best bet would be to visit The Fish Place, 141 Robinson St, North Tonawanda, NY (716) 693-4411 if you have not already been there before. They almost always have some real nice German Blues that are very colorful. I'm not working with any now but you can read my article on breeding them on my site.

G

gary1218

Z man

Actually I came across your web site and e-mailed you last week about possibly coming out for a visit. I guess you're in the process of re-doing your fish room and didn't want anybody stopping by at this time.

I have been to The Fish Place. Usually it's at least a monthly visit :D
Unfortunately at the time he didn't have any rams.

GARY

Neil

gary1218,
I bet if you told that store that you were interested in purchasing some, they would have some there within a few days!

Z Man

5 Year Member
Neil, This store has over 320 tanks and carries almost every fish available. They most always have Rams but could have just been out. That's why I gave the phone number. They get fish in 4 days a week and by the next week most of them are gone. I myself won't even go there on Saturday or Sunday as it's so busy. If you (or anyone else) get to Niagara Falls be sure to visit them. It's only a 15 minute drive from the brink. They buy an awful lot of fish from breeders; myself included.

G

gary1218

Thanks Neil and Z.

I was fortunate enough to have one of my good discus friends put me on to a ram breeder in Arkansas with some nice blues and golds. I've got 8 of each on the way :D

Z Man - I would like to stop by your place sometime to meet you and see your set up. Let me know when you get done re-doing your fish room and you are letting visitors come over.

GARY

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….