• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New guy from Canada

Paulvechkin

Hey Guys and Girls, I've recently cycled a 24"x12"x15.5" 16 gallon bow tank and am strongly leaning towards putting a pair of apistos in as my center piece. Now I have no experience with SA/CA cichlids or dwarf cichlids at all (I have had Africans) and I was wondering with my current stock in the tank what would be the best newbie apisto to keep, im not worried about breeding (if they breed great, if they don't that fine too). I know that my tank is a little small for Rams.

Current Stock:

Fish/Invertebrates:
10 Cardinal Tetras
2 Gold Apple Snails
Plants:
3 Cryps
1 Java Fern
Java Moss
1 Anubius
Filtration:
Aqueon Quietflow 20 (graded for 30 gallons)
Lighting
1 FloraSun 18" T8 Plant Growth bulb

Any insight would be great. Photos are a few days old (and crappy as they are from an iphone), I've added some carbon to take out some of the discoloration from the driftwood, and my cryps have stopped melting after being transferred from my old tank.

Attachments

• March 16 (1).jpg
    March 16 (1).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 268
  • March 16 (2).jpg
    March 16 (2).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 252
  • March 16 (3).jpg
    March 16 (3).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 278

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….