• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New 60 Gallon/Apistogramma community

Fishyking

I have kept apistos before in 30 gallons. I am now setting up a new 60 gallon but I have been thinking about making it into some sort of south African tank. 1 angelfish, a school of southern tetras, and three pairs of apsitos. The water parameters all match up and I think if it's heavily planted it will be alright. Yett a school of cory doesn't seem like a bad idea I know some people don't like apistos and corys so any opinions? I have tried it but in a 30 gallon and just 1 apisto.

MacZ

south African tank
South American ;)

Yett a school of cory doesn't seem like a bad idea I know some people don't like apistos and corys so any opinions? I have tried it but in a 30 gallon and just 1 apisto.
If you stick to just one Apisto this might work out in this tank size. A second male may lead to territorial behaviour, at which point the same thing might happen as with a pair of apistos breeding.

What are the planned tank's footprint dimensions? If it's more than 150cmx40cm there are more options.

Fishyking

South American** :)
121.9 x 33 x 50.8 are the dimensions. Ok, so no corys but I have had more males than just one and everything was ok except for some lit chasing. Would you really not recommend 3 pairs with a couple of tetras and an angle? if not maybe just two pairs? feel like three would be ok.

Fishyking

I mean this seems like the safer bet. 1 male 3 female, a school or two of tetras, and an angle, no corys tho ok. thanks :)

MacZ

Just be careful structuring the tank. separate 3 territories for the females, the male will likely roam free.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….