• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Neon Tetra PSecies Tank

georgedv

5 Year Member
I have a Kerry species tank doing great...plenty of fry. I want to do the same with my neon tetras, but I know their breeding requirements are a bit more delicate. Has anyone tried that? PLease let me know how you did it and your results.

thanks

george

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Never tried Neons. I did have them spawn in a community tank (caviar for everyone!). I once had a tank that produced a few new Cardinal/Red-Neon Tetras every month. It was an "empty" (no apistos) breeding tank that I kept with <6 pH and very soft water and a large clump of Java Moss in the middle. The Cardinals used the moss for spawning and any surviving fry used it for protection. I never fed the fry, just the adults with live BBS. This is my "lazy aquarist's" breeding system. Impaichthys kerri doesn't need the extreme water values of Neons and Cardinals, so you will need to work on the water values if you want to breed Neons.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….