1. Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

NEEd HELP German rams lost color after laying eggs

Discussion in 'Other South American Dwarf Cichlids' started by Lucasalc46, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Lucasalc46

Lucasalc46 New Member

hello all. My tank currently has ick from a group of cardinal tetras that bought. I’m treating them with QuICK cure and I’m trying to get the temp up but won’t gets very variable above 84 degrees and isn’t constant. The tank is currently at 82-83

My female ram(didn’t think she was big enough to be breeding, and is a lot smaller than male) layed her eggs while this is happen and after that she started acting speratic and lost color all color. Color came back then was lost again.(happened in span of five minutes.)

Also, checkerboards got hostile and began to fight and locked jaws.(could be regular behavior since they are fighting over food source) and two other checkerboards had the dark squares messed up, I don’t know if it was in a sort of line or just color loss. Is that a result of breeding or stress?

I’m wondering what’s going on with the fish and what may be causeing this? Sorry for the long question.

Thanks!
  2. yukondog

yukondog New Member

I take this is all in one tank? I've had that happen to my rams, with the Ick and checkerboards fighting it could be stress, do you have another tank you can put the other fish in?
    How big is your tank?
    Have you tested your water?