• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

N. adoketa

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Yorky,

I tried to send you a PM, but you will have to clear out your old messages first.

Since this might be of interest to other forum members:

Hi York,

I am not surprised that your N. adoketa spawned on the top of the pot. N. adoketa is not a true Nannacara, but belongs in an undescribed genus together with N. bimaculata. These two fish are "secretive spawners" that usually lay their eggs on a hidden vertical or top surface of a rock or root in the wild. Your pH could be a little lower. pH 5.5 or less is the best, but very soft water is absolutely necessary. To tell the truth I have been much too busy lately to even think about breeding any of my fish. They are just getting fed 2 - 3 times each week, so I do not expect to have eggs anytime soon. You will get more eggs and get babies soon, I am sure.

Mike

yorky

5 Year Member
Hello Mike,
Just did a housekeep on my PM.

Thanks for the information.
Yes I am lowering it further to PH 5.
My issue is, how do you further soften the water?? Peat? :confused:
Its very difficult to obtain RO water in this part of the world..

Anyway, the eggs disappeared as I've guessed, as it looks unfertilised.
However the pair are still in spawning colours.
So, I might put a few more rocks/caves to get them going again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….