• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mystery Apisto

yukondog

5 Year Member
This was given to me as a male Hongsloi but it looks nothing like my Hongsloi, any ideas? Thaks.

Attachments

• P1010019.JPG
    P1010019.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 486
  • P1010023.JPG
    P1010023.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 478
  • P1010020.JPG
    P1010020.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 604
  • P1010023.JPG
    P1010023.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 565

yukondog

5 Year Member
Both of there tanks are side by side about 3" apart, they can easily see each other but there is no flaring between each other. With mine, you get near him with a mirror he starts flaring. Should there not be some flaring at least from one?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Both are in their own territory and don't invade the other's; no territorial threat, not threat display? Put them in the same tank and thing probably will be different.

yukondog

5 Year Member
Thanks, I have two females also, right now all new apisto's are in there own separate tanks, I thought I would let them settle in for the first week or two, they went from real hard high PH water from the north west to dead soft and low PH Fl. water.

yukondog

5 Year Member
P1010078.JPG P1010079.JPG P1010084.JPG P1010085.JPG P1010086.JPG
I got these apistos in a mixed up box of bagged apistos and I need help identifying them.
Picture 1 and 2 I think was suppose to be a female Hongsloi, she is in a tank with a male Hongsloi and they seem to be getting along fine, pictures 3 and 4 I think is [same fish] a young agassizii [sex] and picture 4 another agassizii ? [sex] ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get mates for them.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Sorry, but the fish in the photos are to small to comfortably identify. Try cropping the photo to only the fish. There is no reason to send 3.5 - 4 Mb photos anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….