• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My nannacara anomala fry

Mhmd

Hello everyone, i recently bought a 55g tank and one of my nannacara anomala pair just had fry, its my first time breeding a fish and was wondering if i should feed the fry or they will scanvenge microscopic things in the aquarium on their own.
I feed my fish flake food, live artemias and daphnia and frozen bloodworms.
I have 2 pairs of nannacara 14 ember tetras and 3 otos, and i am keeping a pair of keyhole cichlids for a friend because he went on a vacation (i will return them in 2 days)

Attachments

• C2E042AB-2F17-49FA-8D13-BECA7CE49158.jpeg
    C2E042AB-2F17-49FA-8D13-BECA7CE49158.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 180
  • A95EA92D-CC73-4BF2-9C00-35BFAED38898.jpeg
    A95EA92D-CC73-4BF2-9C00-35BFAED38898.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 162

Fish4Life

if i should feed the fry or they will scanvenge microscopic things in the aquarium on their own.
Yo , a thing I always had succes with when feeding fry is chicken egg yolk used it when I was out of more professional food.
Just boil an egg till' it's solid then in some aquarium water in a cup place some bits of that egg yolk , mush it a bit and stir it up , then with a syringe take some of that clowdy water and spray it where they are.
Just use little so u don't foul the water.
Did this with ramirezi/angelfish/zebra danios/cherry barbs alway worked well
Hope this helps and apologies for my mangled english

anewbie

The advantage of live food is it swims and the frys react to the movement. While fry food they will chase when it falls base them once it hits the bottom - at least initially - they are less likely to eat it. Of course as they get bit older that changes but i find it can take several weeks for them to learn to go after non-moving food. Also - if the food is long lifed in aquarium water it makes less waste until the fry eat it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….