• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My nannacara anomala fry

Mhmd

Hello everyone, i recently bought a 55g tank and one of my nannacara anomala pair just had fry, its my first time breeding a fish and was wondering if i should feed the fry or they will scanvenge microscopic things in the aquarium on their own.
I feed my fish flake food, live artemias and daphnia and frozen bloodworms.
I have 2 pairs of nannacara 14 ember tetras and 3 otos, and i am keeping a pair of keyhole cichlids for a friend because he went on a vacation (i will return them in 2 days)

Attachments

• C2E042AB-2F17-49FA-8D13-BECA7CE49158.jpeg
    C2E042AB-2F17-49FA-8D13-BECA7CE49158.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
  • A95EA92D-CC73-4BF2-9C00-35BFAED38898.jpeg
    A95EA92D-CC73-4BF2-9C00-35BFAED38898.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35

Fish4Life

if i should feed the fry or they will scanvenge microscopic things in the aquarium on their own.
Yo , a thing I always had succes with when feeding fry is chicken egg yolk used it when I was out of more professional food.
Just boil an egg till' it's solid then in some aquarium water in a cup place some bits of that egg yolk , mush it a bit and stir it up , then with a syringe take some of that clowdy water and spray it where they are.
Just use little so u don't foul the water.
Did this with ramirezi/angelfish/zebra danios/cherry barbs alway worked well
Hope this helps and apologies for my mangled english

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dws9876

Latest profile posts

Apistomaster wrote on anewbie's profile.
I see that The Wet Spot Tropical Fish currently has the fire red A. agassizi you are looking for. Here is the link:
I've always had good experiences buying from them on line.
Hallo,
I am Hanzle from Holland and keep apistoos for 40 years. Had my own aquarium shop from 1984 till 1988. Always s great fan from apistoos and hyphessobrycon which is s great combination in a Community Aquarium. Perhaps.....in the near future I start breeding apistoos again. Have a 400 liters Community aquarium for hyphessobrycon wadai and apistogramma biteaniata.
I want to get a 55 gallon slightly planted tank with many caves and I am thinking of getting 2 electric blue acaras, 3 blue rams, a apistogramma, 3 angelfish, and some corrydoras. Will that work if I keep the temperature at about and 80 or less?
I have kept fish for quite a long time but never cichlids. I want to find out more about them.
Hi
my Hongsloi, keep eating their eggs, any help greatly appreciated