• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My kribs

Jason82

5 Year Member
Picked up a male and a female kribensis at my Local Fish Shop on the weekend.

Pics time
Female: male hiding in java fern
20130923_171609_zps787e1d2c.jpg

Male: had to put some flake in to lure him out
20130923_171703_zps78e5cba1.jpg

And another pic of the male, this time having a feed. The female below has a deep scarlet coloured belly and yellow head
20130923_171705_zps8b38b09f.jpg

And a video:
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h459/teambubba82/20130923_171613_zpsa3afba13.mp4
Thanks for looking

Byork

Kribs have always been a favorite of mine. That is a neat cave haven't seen one like it before. Nice pair.

Jason82

5 Year Member
Thanks for the kind replies
Cave was purchased from plecocaves.com as someone on this website recommended them
I can't believe how many free swimming fry I have right now. The weather is quite warm at the moment where I live, and it hit 37 degrees Celsius today (about 99 degrees Fahrenheit) so I will do small regular water changes.

Kribs are awesome, I set a couple pairs 3 different spawns of fry and recently got 7 albinos but I might have gotten all femAles. I see you have an albino as your profile pic. Is it just as easy to tell the difference in males as females in albinos?

JG

5 Year Member
Nice fishes and cool cave. I was recently browsing plecocaves.com and was very tempted. I think shipping to Canada may not make it feasible.

Jason82

5 Year Member
I had my caves shipped to Australia which is a lot further than Canada my friend. Just send them an email for what you are after and a quote on shipping

JG

5 Year Member
Friend, when shipping is equal to or more than the order than it's not as appealing. Just checked on an order and this is the case. A very large order would make it worth it. Maybe I'll ship to a US address and collect them later.

Jason82

5 Year Member
Good point. I wish that I purchased some more burrito caves. It turns out that I will be able to purchase some Pelvicachromis Taeniatus Moliwe next week. Might have to move on the kribs to another hobbyist in my area.

JG

5 Year Member
Keep the kribs if you have another tank for them. I know that they are more commonly found in the hobby but they're still a very beautiful species. :)

Jason82

5 Year Member
Agreed. I would only move them on to someone who will look after them, otherwise I will keep them. I just got a 4 footer running yesterday to grow out some juvenile Apistogramma, so I got a spare tank now.

To the fish room!

Dano1311

these were the first cichlid i ever owned and breed, stunning fish amazing to watch them with fry, im going to be getting a pair for a tank soon, been four years since had last pair and they are the mrs favorite fish so she wants some back :) just had issues moving the fry on as were im from you cant get people to take them off you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….