• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mikrogeophagus altispinosus breed

harryprog

5 Year Member
Last wednesday I got home from work when I got a surprise from 2 of my altispinosus: eggs! I didn't know that two of my seven altispinosus 'got married' :cool:, so I didn't expect to have eggs.
The only problem is that I'm going on holiday next sunday. I won't be back for 2 weeks...:frown: I won't let my mother-in-law breed the artemia's, I think that's not a good idea....
So maybe a have a little surprise again when I come back and there are some fry alive. But good chance that they are starved to death or eaten by my 6 Pterophyllum scalare 'Manacupuru', my other 5 altispinosus, my school of hemigrammus bleheri or maybe the Corydoras paleatus...

Does anyone know how long it takes for the eggs to hatch? With my apisto's it takes about 5 days, is it the same for the altispinosus?

And of course a picture of the female with eggs:
14745_Mikrogeophagus_altispinosus.jpg

And a picture of the male, who is a huge and fat altispinosus. He is about 2 cm longer than my other fullgrown male, but he is also about 1,5 cm higher!
14742_Mikrogeophagus_altispinosus.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….