• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Male triple red dying...

drudnick

5 Year Member
Well I woke up this morning and went to check on Big Red, my male cac whoi has been under the weather lately. He was caught in some plants, so I thought he died, when I got the net in there he wiggled his way out and swam straight to the top of tank. He is now hovering there. His scales look alittle worn, his head is more black and hes breathing heavy.

I lost my male gold about a week and a half ago to the same thing. No other fish in tank seem to be struggling, which leaves me an African Butterfly, school of rummies, a Blue Ram and 2 female cacs. I do not know whats wrong, or how to fix this. Anyone have any odeas as to what this could be?

sherry

5 Year Member
I just lost a series of cacs too, same thing with no other fish affected (even teh stupid rummies which I wish would die)

One female of a bunch lives on and I'm waiting a month or so before attempting to restock

I tried to treat the male with a broadspectrum antibiotic when this started and all I accomplished was melting all of my plants! ;(

sorry you are going through it too.

drudnick

5 Year Member
Well male died yesterday morning. So now I have 2 females, and no male. I just received 2 pair of cacs from ted judy, but they are still alittle small to put in with these females. So soon I should have some more. But he was my first purchase other than my starters. So Im kinda bummed right now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….