• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

MacMasteri Tankmates

Water Changer

5 Year Member
I have some MacMasteri's that I'd really like to add to a 75 gallon heavily planted tank which also houses 7 Turquoise Rainbows and a group of Broochis Splendens.

The Rainbow activity can be tiring and hard on other species... anyone keeping Apisto's with Rainbow and if so how is/did it go?

Water Changer

5 Year Member
IMG_2341_zpsakklkgcz.jpg
IMG_2341_zpsakklkgcz.jpg

eac9f4ac-68be-49c7-a16f-64609097e62c_zpsl6c6uiqm.jpg

abrooks12376

I keep cacs with rasboras and tetras. No firsthand with your situation but I'd say in a 55 gal with a lot of tall plants and a lot of ground cover it could be done.. i know rainbows are highly energetic, not sure if they'll actively group hunt fry like tetras do.

Larry Rogers

5 Year Member
Rainbows feed on small wiggly things in the wild. I am not sure the would be good tankmates for breeding apistos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….