• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

N. America Looking for Apistos in NJ

Evil_Apistos

Back in the game after 2 years.
Just searching around for a few weeks and rumors and posts have it that the PetShanty is gone, Twofishguyz doesn't exist any more and a few other spots that sold premium goods have now gone. Ive tried to email Tom C. about his recent trip but the stupid phone gets an error. I would love to know if these two experts sell their fish or maybe trade for services…jk about the second part. The fish that they collect are simply amazing.
Im looking for a premium spot to buy apistos. Ill be looking for the wild variety mostly but will take the common ones if they look good.
Im a hands on type of guy so if anyone knows about spots that have these fish in NJ would be great news. Ive never tried internet ordering so Im kind of leery, but willing to try..

Please, if you are a store that sells fish on the internet, post pictures of the fish you are selling.
Thanks
Nick

Linus_Cello

5 Year Member
No one? How much would a trip to Peru cost?

Some folks in our fish club in the DC area regularly go on Margarita Tours to collect fish. Some folks in the past at the catfish convention have one the raffle for the "free" trip ($50 per raffle ticket). I don't remember the exact cost, but I think $600-800 roundtrip airfare, maybe another $1k for tour.

http://www.amazon-ecotours.com/

sirwince

5 Year Member
Back in the game after 2 years.
Just searching around for a few weeks and rumors and posts have it that the PetShanty is gone, Twofishguyz doesn't exist any more and a few other spots that sold premium goods have now gone. Ive tried to email Tom C. about his recent trip but the stupid phone gets an error. I would love to know if these two experts sell their fish or maybe trade for services…jk about the second part. The fish that they collect are simply amazing.
Im looking for a premium spot to buy apistos. Ill be looking for the wild variety mostly but will take the common ones if they look good.
Im a hands on type of guy so if anyone knows about spots that have these fish in NJ would be great news. Ive never tried internet ordering so Im kind of leery, but willing to try..

Please, if you are a store that sells fish on the internet, post pictures of the fish you are selling.
Thanks
Nick
Try Shark Aquarium in Hillside on Route 22. Today George has 4-5 types of Apistogramma Sunset; Juruensis; Euos; panduro; and agassizi.

I bought some Juruensis

Evil_Apistos

I dont like him, he wont take me on any trips with him! ;)
He has some crazy stuff in that store. Ive been there. He makes me want a 400 gallon tank. Im going to go there soon.
Thank for that..

ErtyJr

Hey there, I live in philly. I breed cacatuoides and will be getting a wild A. SP. Abacaxis that I plan on breeding. I just sold my last A. Cacatuoides to a member of this forum last weekend. His name is Kevin Smith, if you check the apistos in philly thread below this one and go to the last page you can see his testimonial to my fish. The sire of my line is the fish in my avatar. I will breeding them again within the next week or so and will have some sexable juvies in about 3 months. If you're interested you can follow my facebook page at www.facebook.com/thecichlidgarden and I will update as the fish grow. Good luck hope you make it to peru! I plan on going one day as well!

oldjoe

The fish hut of NJ stated that they received several pairs. I may try to stop in this weekend to scout things out.

Hey there, I live in philly. I breed cacatuoides and will be getting a wild A. SP. Abacaxis that I plan on breeding. I just sold my last A. Cacatuoides to a member of this forum last weekend. His name is Kevin Smith, if you check the apistos in philly thread below this one and go to the last page you can see his testimonial to my fish. The sire of my line is the fish in my avatar. I will breeding them again within the next week or so and will have some sexable juvies in about 3 months. If you're interested you can follow my facebook page at www.facebook.com/thecichlidgarden and I will update as the fish grow. Good luck hope you make it to peru! I plan on going one day as well!

Last edited:

oldjoe

Im looking for one male panduro. I think i have two females. LMK if you have some in or close to NJ
Also looking for a pair of cacatuoides. double or triple red

the fish hut of NJ stated that they received several pairs. I may try to stop in this weekend to scout things out.

Last edited:

oldjoe

Shark aquarium in NJ still has some Apistogramma Sunset; Juruensis; Euos; panduro; and agassizi. I picked up a pair of Juruensis.
All females on the panduro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….