• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking for Apisto breeder in uk

FishMonkey

Have you got a Maidenhead Aquatics near you? They seem to always have apistos surprisingly even though they're not so popular anymore.

They can be a bit of a nightmare for getting the wrong females and they might try to get you to buy pairs claiming these fish do better in pairs (I assume this is how they get them) but all you have to do is point to their discription on the price label stating "keep one male with several females" and moan how it's normally females that get left lonely anyway because people just buy a pretty male.

Last edited:

Ben Rhau

Try the "Apistogramma & Dwarf Cichlid" group on the Band App. The sellers are mostly in the States, but there are at least a couple in the UK. They may, in turn, know of others.

Ambidextrous

Hello Trevor.
I'm not sure where in UK you are but I travelled to Mill Race aquatics in Colchester and they had quite a few in there.
As already pointed out, Maidenhead aquatics also stock them.
Cheers,
Steve.