• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Life is better when they are young

anewbie

a1.jpg
a2.jpg

Almost no aggression; though I suppose in 3 or 4 months that will change ;)

Mazan

My male agassizii once mature was one of the most dominant and aggressive fish I have kept...(and that includes several CA cichlids...). Maybe they are not all like that though...

anewbie

My male agassizii once mature was one of the most dominant and aggressive fish I have kept...(and that includes several CA cichlids...). Maybe they are not all like that though...
Yea - i've heard a wide spectrum from them being extremely docile to very aggressive. This is a 29 community tank - but after i move they will get to keep the tank but most of the other stocking will be removed. While not scaped in a @MacZ approved fashion it is imho well scaped with lots of hiding places. I had four hongsloi in it for 2 years and they always managed to find adequate hiding places.

Anyway he started to show a little aggression towards her yesterday so she moved to the other side of the aquarium where he couldn't see her and all was well. I just can't bring myself to do the traditional barren apiso tank; i guess i like green too much.

Btw there are two angels in there - they are likely runts so long term i'm not sure what to do with them - backstory i purchased a set of dime size angels and grew them out in the 29 till they were a bit larger than nickels then moved them to the 120 but the two runts are too small for the 120; the black one in particular will likely not grow much larger the platinum still has a chance of getting a little larger - the other 11 are in the 120 till i decide which ones to keep and which ones to give away - unfortunately they are a really nice set and i'm not sure which ones to get rid of yet - probably wait till i can sex them or they start bickering and i feel i have to take action. If they can live in harmony for 8 more months they will get a 10ftx4ft tank and maybe i'll keep them all - bleh i hate having to decide which to keep and which to give away - but the runts i can't give away so they will probably get a basement tank or stay with the apisto if there is not conflicts.

w29_sep_2022.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….