• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Length Of Time For A Tail To Grow Back.

Andrew C

5 Year Member
I got some Crenicichla compressiceps on Tuesday, and one came with half it's tail missing, which was also a bit fungused.
I am treating the fungus with Waterlifes Myaxzin, in a seperate tank from the rest, and it seems to be working well, as the fungus has gone.
The fish is starting to eat as well, which is another good sign.

How long should it take for it's tail to grow back to normal size, at least half of it is missing ?

jose_vogel

5 Year Member
Because the Apistos sold in my country reach de LFS in a very bad shape, often I´ve to buy fish with a damaged tail.

If the soft rays are damaged, it takes up to 1 month (with the right water parameters) to recover.

Bye

Andrew C

5 Year Member
Thanks Jose
Would the tail grow back if the fish had been bitten into the body a bit ?

I would then have had to treat an actual wound instead of the fungus that was on the small bit of tail that was left, and then hope that the tail grew back.

Looks like my fish has been lucky then, i'll try to get a picture, but will have to remove him from the tank for it.

Andrew C

5 Year Member
Some pictures of the injured tail;

crenicichla-compressiceps-injury-1.jpg

crenicichla-compressiceps-injury-2.jpg

crenicichla-compressiceps-injury-3.jpg

crenicichla-compressiceps-injury-4.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….