• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Laimosemion + Apistos..!!??

MickeM

5 Year Member
Hi all !!

I just want to report a small test I made since I had the opportunity (small killifishes available) ..
I am a member of a Killi fish association and got some Laimosemion-youngsters from a friend in our group..

2 small Laimosemion cladophorus (2cm in size) were put in a really dense planted tank ( 75x35x25 cm ) together with a pair of Apistogramma spec. "Vielfleck" (Assurini).. (3-4cm)
And also at the surface in this tank .. A few Epiplatys spilargyreius ( from Africa.. approx.1-2cm)..

The water was "slow-flowing".. created by a small "powerhead pump" with a small filter section on it..
Temp. 24-25 Celsius, pH 6,5, kH ?...

This set-up worked well and lasted until I moved the both Killi-species out.. due to Apistos guarding fry..and me wanting to save some of them!!:)

If you want to try this kind of mix I would like to recommend you to put the smallest fishes in the tank first..
to avoid any situations/misunderstandings/aggression from the larger fishes, when putting smaller ones in..!!

The Epiplatys stayed at the surface while the Laimosemion "cruised around".. almost wherever they wanted..
None of them were really threatening the Apistos..
But they all got chased away by the spec."Vielfleck" later.. when the Apistos were spawning+guarding eggs and fry..!

So I guess it might work with this Laimosemion xiphidius as well..!!??
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd....3_10153828893359968_4809443413529566321_o.jpg

Cheers,
Micke

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….