• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Laetacara flavilabris

Stephan

5 Year Member
Rear people,

after search for many years I got now finally L.flavilabris WF "Peru" laboriously from Denmark. Actually there are it not in the Aquaristik. My 9 WF are approx. 6cm and many more prettily and more colored, than in the few photos in books or InterNet.
Now my Laetacara collection is complete! :biggrin:

07121120724006.direkt.jpg

07121120390644.direkt.jpg

Best greetings
Stephan

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Very beautiful fish; I haven't had this species for over 20 years. They came in as contaminants with wild caught Neon tetras.

Moin Stephan

Sehr schöne Fische; habe ich nicht mehr dieser Art seit über 20 Jahren. Sie kamen als Beifang mit WF Neons.

p.s. Schreibe "Hi" (nicht "rear") für "Moin".:wink:

Stephan

5 Year Member
Hi Mike,

I looked for it also for a long time. According to Romans, Staeck etc. and in the forum are them also here became already longer not imprisoned its and also otherwise not in the Aquaristik to be found to have.
The L.f. in Equador is quite colorless grey, colored from Peru however nevertheless quite. My L.f. probably comes from the Rio Itali (?).
A large problem is that they are very often confounded with L.thayeri. My should be also L.t.. In Denmark and Sweden there are straight many L.flavilabris, which are to be recognized in photos then nevertheless clearly as L.thayeri.

Best greetings
Stephan

PS:I cannot really English. The program translates in such a way.:mad:

peterK

5 Year Member
I don't like Laetacara, but after seeing your photographs... Yes really beautiful ones! :)

P.S. Welche programm benutzest du? Ich finde www.babel.altavista.com sehr gute für übersetzung die Fanzösisch oder Holländisch Forum.:wink:

Stephan

5 Year Member
Hi Peter,

I love the Laetacaras! :tongue:

Best greetings
Stephan

PS:Ich benutze auch dieses Programm. :wink:

Chromedome

5 Year Member
I had 6 of these that I purchased at ACA convention 2005, about 4 cm SL. They were marked as wild L. thayeri, but I was not sure that was correct at the time. I now have one left, around 8.5 cm SL, as he was the meanest of the group. I will warn you, they are very aggressive toward one another, not so much with other species. Much of the color fades with age, unfortunately.

I also love Laetacara. In reference to your other thread, I have not yet found L. fulvipinnis here in the USA. Still looking!

Stephan

5 Year Member
I found my L.flavilabris finite in Denmark. It gave there in a Shop L.flavilabris WF and L.thayeri WF. They were also confounded. I could be sent by both photos and ordered then the L.thayeri (in reality L.flavilabris).
I notice already that they are somewhat aggressive. There is 9 fish 6-7cm. Have you photos of your L.flavilabris? When and what does one recognize the sexes?
I have now all Laetacaras and know her. L.fulvipinnis "Rio Orinoco" WF is a very aggressive killer! L.thayeri is also very aggressive. L.fulvipinnis Rio Negro are not so bad.

Simon Morgan

5 Year Member
I have just acquired 3 Laetacara. I think they are L. flavilabris but I'm not sure if they could be L. thayeri. Are there any defining features?

Stephan

5 Year Member
There are some characteristics for distinction. My English is too bad for it. Can you show please photos? Then I can say exactly it to you.

RAF

5 Year Member
I love Laetacaras, unfortunatly the only ones I mantained were the dorsigera, unfortunatly not because I dislike them - quite the opposite - but because I would like to try other species.

Yours are really great... congrats for them and best of luck with breeding them!

Simon Morgan

5 Year Member
I look forward mine growing up to look that good!

I've kept curviceps and fulvipinnis in the past and I currently have 8 dorsigera as well. I'll try and get some good shots of those sometime soon.

Only need thayeri and buckelkopf to complete the set!

Stephan

5 Year Member
I have already longer:

L.dorsigera "Paraguay" wild
L.dorsigera "Argentinien" wild
L.curviceps "Santarem" F2
L.sp."Buckelkopf" "Marajo Island" wild
L.sp."Bolivien" "Rio Magdalena" F1
L.sp.??? ("Bolivien" "Rio Itonamas"???)
L.fulvipinnis "Rio Negro" F2+3
L.fulvipinnis "Rio Orinoko" F2
L.flavilabris "Peru" wild
L.thayeri "Peru" F1

:biggrin: :tongue:

RAF

5 Year Member
Can you post some pics of L.dorsigera "Argentinien" wild?! I'm thinking about getting some argentinian dorsigeras and I'm curious...

... thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….