• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ivanacara adoketa

Bart Hazes

There are some iconic dwarf cichlids that look both cool and scary when you read about them but normally it doesn't matter because you are hard-pressed to find any in stores, at least not in Canada. So when I heard that Curtis Jerrom in Calgary brought in a small group of Ivanacara adoketa I had to make a decision as to whether to stay with just Apistogramma or take up the challenge of keeping and breeding the adoketa. Curtis said he felt there was a compatible pair in the group that he could send to me so I bit the bullet and the pair was added to the tank yesterday evening. This morning they were checking out their new environment, a 30 gallon breeder tank with driftwood and jungle-style planting. Water parameters are pH 5.1 and 50 uS conductivity. The only tank mates are three subadult montezuma swordtail fish (~1"). So far the pair has been very peaceful with no aggression towards each other or the montezuma. They either go their own way or spend some time together.

Here is the male amidst frogbit roots
adoketa-male.jpg

and here is the pair together (this time with water lettuce roots)
adoketa-pair.jpg

I also picked up two pairs of Apistogramma iniridae that are a bit shy but I snatched this picture of a pair
iniridae-pair.jpg

Bart Hazes

Swordfish came first acidic water second. I should really replace them with a more appropriate dither fish but they are as lively and eager to eat as always.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….