• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ISO Wild nijsseni

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
Please do keep me posted. I bought a few pairs from the Czech republic, and was greatly dis-appointed. I think I may just breed wild fish from now on. Thanks for the reply though.

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
They were hormoned in my opinion. They were just barely an inch long and had color on them you could see across the room. All of them bloated up and died within a day or two of each other soon after I got them. I am friendly with the local vet, and he looked at the organs under a microscope, and told me that most all of the liver and kidney tissue was scarred or destroyed. I had the same thing happen with some Czech sourced elizabethae as well.

3ze

5 Year Member
I know that this crazy sh*t happens over there. The most apisto's they grow are taken away from the parents after 3 days and grown on meds and other messy stuff. I try to buy my apisto's from other breeders or wildcatch indeed.
Good luck on your search!

Melanochromis

Sorry to hear that. Here we have had some fish from Czech too (cacatuoides, macmasteri, agassizii, panduro, but no nijsseni). They did seem to be extremely colored up, a feature which weren't passed to their offspring, but fortunately there is no other health problems so far.

merlin

5 Year Member
My lfs in Dundee has had panduro and nijsseni, males out numbering the females greatly. The males have been about 3inches females half that size. All coming in from Czech.

Derek

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiymyers60

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….