• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is That Fish Place still worth the trip?

jakeowen

5 Year Member
I used to live in Delaware, I would take the hour ride up there sometimes, and I really liked the fish I got from them. Many years ago, I relocated back to my home state of NJ. I took the trip out there a few years ago, and was disappointed with the selection. I don't know if I went at a bad time, or the store just stopped carrying dwarf cichlids.
Anyway, I am in the mood for a road trip, and have room for a pair of fish, and they have some listed on their website that I would like to get. They don't say if they have pairs or just singles, but i will call before I go. It seems like there are a lot of fish keepers in the central Pa. area, and I just wanted to know if you guys have anything good to say about them, or maybe I should just try mail ordering from one of the vendors here?

Thanks

Hmoobthor

I used to live in Delaware, I would take the hour ride up there sometimes, and I really liked the fish I got from them. Many years ago, I relocated back to my home state of NJ. I took the trip out there a few years ago, and was disappointed with the selection. I don't know if I went at a bad time, or the store just stopped carrying dwarf cichlids.
Anyway, I am in the mood for a road trip, and have room for a pair of fish, and they have some listed on their website that I would like to get. They don't say if they have pairs or just singles, but i will call before I go. It seems like there are a lot of fish keepers in the central Pa. area, and I just wanted to know if you guys have anything good to say about them, or maybe I should just try mail ordering from one of the vendors here?

Thanks

I think they sell pairs online.

XJfella95

I try to stop in there on a Friday night, once a week. That's when they get their new stock. I rarely see dwarf cichlids in stock. The only dwarfs they have in stock right now are a half dozen male A. Panduros.

They do however, keep a large number of African cichlids.

I had them put me on the call list if anything appisto came in. Needless to say that didn't work Cause the panduros slipped by. I only happened to glance down into a tank in the plant room to find them.

I will be selling my 60+ Double red Cac. Spawn to them when they are ready.

jakeowen

5 Year Member
I guess the fish list on their website is outdated?
They list a couple of dwarf pikes that I am interested in.

jakeowen

5 Year Member
Thanks for the pics and your efforts XJ,
I'm going to take the trip out there some time this week. I hope they still have them.

Are there any other places I should visit while I'm out there?

XJfella95

Not a problem, I hoped I helped.

One of the dealers on here is about 40min away. The amazon basement I think it is? I have not been there yet but it's just over in York.

jakeowen

5 Year Member
I took the trip out there. I picked up a pair of C. regani's. They are happily enjoying their new 30g. I think the l.joselima has to come out of that tank. He is a little too territorial. I want them to spawn, and he will surely eat the fry.
The notophthalmus was just a single male. As much as I wanted to get him as well, I only have space for the pair. I cannot go tank crazy like I used to.

The store has changed since I was there last.
Gone are the "Home Depot" style shelves, and in with the more supermarket like shelves. The fish room has grown. There is now a plant room. I forgot my shopping list, and could not remember half of the things I wanted to look at. I left with just the fish, and some plant supplies. It was a fun trip, but, I think next time I'll try mail ordering.

Thanks for the help everybody.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….