• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm new here...from Singapore

HengLee

Hi all,
I'm new here. I bought a pair of Apistogramma Cacatuoides last night. It's a beautiful fish.
I like to collect all the beautiful fish for my tanks. I like to create community tanks with many smaller fish.

Currently, I have 4 fish tanks with many species of fish separated in different tanks.
The list of fish that I have:
1)Betta (Siamese fighting fish) - Half moon tail, double tail, plakat and koi betta.
2)Electric Blue Ram Cichlid, Blue Ram Cichlid & Golden Ram Cichlid.
3)Honey Gourami(yellow)
4)Sparkling Gourami
5)Rummy Nose Tetra
6)Harlequin Rasbora
7)Neon Tetra
8)Guppy
9)Pictus Catfish - very beautiful
10)Corydoras - Sterbai, Leopard, Panda & Pygmy
11)Kuhli Loach
12)Otocinclus
13)China sucker fish
14)Glowlight Tetra
15)Galaxy Rasbora

HengLee

Hello and welcome - I'm from Singapore too. Feel free to have a chat any time. :)
Hi Boo Feng,
Sorry, I was too busy that I didn't come back to this website.

How is your Apistogramma?
Some of my fish died recently even though I've started my tank for 8 months already.
Now, I restarting the tank again to prevent any more death.

boofeng

Hi Boo Feng,
Sorry, I was too busy that I didn't come back to this website.

How is your Apistogramma?
Some of my fish died recently even though I've started my tank for 8 months already.
Now, I restarting the tank again to prevent any more death.
Ouch - sorry to hear your fish aren't doing well. Any idea what caused it? Apistos seem to just get sick and die randomly. I've resigned myself to having the occasional casualty.

For example, I've been having some disease trouble with my bitaeniata. I still can't figure out why they're getting sick one by one and dying. I've lost three to disease over the past 6 months - bloating, not eating, stringy poop, and then they die. Definitely they're passing the disease on to each other. I've treated with praziquental and metronidazole on and off, but it doesn't seem to get rid of the disease. (If anyone has other medications/treatments to suggest I would be most happy to try!) I'll probably have to tear down the tank and scrub everything up when I have time.

EDISON ONG

Hi Guy I just started to keep Apistogramma. By the way anyone can tell me where to buy Nice Caca or other type. My Mandezi Male died this morning he jump out of the Fish Tank. Wanted to get other... Thank You.

boofeng

Hi Guy I just started to keep Apistogramma. By the way anyone can tell me where to buy Nice Caca or other type. My Mandezi Male died this morning he jump out of the Fish Tank. Wanted to get other... Thank You.
Hi Edison

Think I bumped into you at Adrian's shop earlier this week (you told me about your mendezi). Simply Cichlids is pretty much the best place to get apistos in Singapore. The other places I know of that do stock apistos regularly are Qian Hu, C328, Y618, Green Chapter, Aquatic Avenue.

I don't think there are many more Singaporeans on this forum so you should probably check elsewhere for answers (Facebook groups and Aquatic Quotient forums maybe?).

Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….