• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

id please, thank you!

awth

5 Year Member
A. cf. payaminonis / A sp. Zwilling I / A. nijsseni???

Please help me, thank you!

20070507003.jpg

20070507002.jpg

20070507001.jpg

reddfox321

5 Year Member
Hmmm, I had three of those and always assumed they were A. nijsseni... but then again I am no expert. :tongue:

blueblue

5 Year Member
Hmmm, I had three of those and always assumed they were A. nijsseni... but then again I am no expert. :tongue:

Essentially, strange enough, the recent import of panda (nijsseni) is no longer the pure panda any more... there are many specimens similar to Zwilling and Oregon, and the strangest thing is: There are many intermediary specimens..

LamLam

5 Year Member
I got one of these from the same store (same batch)
It mixed with A sp. Zwilling I, A. nijsseni & A. panduro

And I believe it is the female A. nijsseni, but no idea if it is pure panda...

Image00215.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
It is always difficult to identify a species from just one photo. The dark markings change somewhat depending on mood. I agree with you, the first photo is a female A. nijsseni and the 2nd photo is the 'body band' form of A. panduro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….