• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I am positive on the ID of my apistogrammas now

cmoreash

5 Year Member
After a month of waiting, my apistogrammas have fully colored up. They look TOTALLY different now. I started my search on their identity all over again. I finally found what I was looking for.

This is my apistogramma: Apistogramma sp. "Rio Acre"

http://www.rva.ne.jp/gallery/acre.html

My fish look almost identical to these...

So are they rare? Any special requirements they have? THanks guys!

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
The "Rio Acre" look a lot like A. caetei to me. Trying to find a reference to the first name to see if it is known by any other. Either way...nice fish. Get them spawning and I'll get a tank ready for some fry :)

Z Man

5 Year Member
In Uwe Romer's book it states that they are so rare that they are hardly ever found in the aquarium hobby yet. But they can come in along with a group of other fish.
Z-Man

cmoreash

5 Year Member
yes, like i said earlier, these came in with the feeder fish that my LFS ordered, so it sounds like a match. Have any of you guys heard on how to spawn them? I have them in RO water, eating live foods, and with bogwood, and some amazon swords and anachris, and moss.

Well, if i get fry, i could ship some if you guys want, but that's IF i get fry. :p thanks for the replies.

Neil

If they are similar to other caetei type fish, they should be relatively hardy and breed without excessive manipulation of your water. Just feed them well and change the water and you have a pretty good chance at them spawning. good luck, Neil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….