• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hiding all the time

farm41

5 Year Member
Sunday I brought home a pair of hongsloi and a pair of trifasciata, the hongsloi hid for 1 day and now they are just cruising in their own tank. The trifasciata haven't come out of hiding yet, not even to feed. They are in their own 10g with broken pots, driftwood, and fake plants.

What if anything can I do to boost their confidence? I'd like to see them a little. Would it help to add another pair of trifasciata to this tank? The lfs has more.

Neil

farm41,
Trifasciata are pretty shy fish. My breeding pair hides a fair share of the time and the female even keeps the fry at the back of the tank most of the time.
They will get a little more visable with time, but you only got them a couple of days ago. You could try another pair or, perhaps, another female. You could also add some active dithers in there. That may help to give them more confidence.
But the long and short is that they probably won't be your most visable and outgoing fish. They should, however, get a little better with time.
Neil

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomek B.

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….